One of the best things relating to this breed is the fact that it is extremely tolerant of small kids, and makes a fantastic play pal. Having a pitbull needs a big responsibility. This huge breed dog is quite popular in the USA. Aside from that, obtaining this breed for a pet is a rather enjoyable journey.
But first of all, let’s be a responsible owner
Getting a dog is not like purchasing a piece of furniture that you will show off to friends at dinner parties, it is bringing a new member into your family and requires daily commitment to a successful relationship. All dogs need to be subject to balanced training, should be well socialized and taught proper human/dog social behavior, maintained from a health perspective, and treated with compassion. – americanpitbullfoundation.com
Things To Know About How To Care For A PitBull
- Naturally Pit bulls are not aggressive toward people. In fact, they need a lot of socialization and love being around people. If you often leave them at home while you work, you should consider having someone to accompany your dog or a dog walker to take your dog out once a day.
- As for pit bulls, there are always potentials for them to act aggressively toward other dogs. As a pit bull owner, you need to have a break stick to help you break up if there is any dog fights occur. You don’t want to break the fight without a break stick. There is a big chance you can get injured.
- Only use verbal reprimands to discipline your pit bull and never hit your pit bull. Dogs understand your emotions from your voice tone and body language. In their pack, they understand the territory. If you want to prevent them from things, claim the territory over it and make them submit. Never take the things away before you claim it and they submit it. Or they consider you are playing a game.
- Pit bulls are powerful breed. If you are fencing your Pit bull, make sure you have your fences secured. Buried deep in the ground and tall enough so that your Pit bull can’t jump over it.
- Don’t put heavy chains on your Pit Bull. It’s hard for them and can harm or rub their neck raw. And never walk your Pit Bull off-leash. You will never know what will happen if your Pit Bull meet another dog. No matter how well trained your dog is.
- You might want to beware when you walk your Pit Bull and meet other dog. Tail wagging doesn’t mean that your Pit Bull is happy. It means that he is excited. The more excited a Pit Bull is, the more likely a fight is about to break out.
- If you consider your pit bull is having behavior issues, look for experts. Get help from a dog trainer with animal behavior certified.
Routines Details On How To Care For A PitBull
Daily Exercise. Half an hour or an hour of daily exercise like walks or jogs. You can divide into twice a day of 15 to 30 minutes of exercises. Pit bulls have a lot of energy and need dose of activity to positively channel it.
Dogs that don’t have enough exercise to channel their energy can have destructive behavior to ease their anxiousness.
Daily Feed your Pitbull. And always ready their drink water. Most people feed their dog twice a day, some once a day and that is okay. As long it’s routine and consistent and don’t ever “free feed” your dog. With routine and consistent feeding time, you can tell if there’s something wrong with your dog, changes in appetite level. This could be a sign of illness or anything. You can quickly drive straight to your vet.
Active and energetic dog like Pitbull need high protein diet to replace their energy and build their muscles.
Daily Medication. If you have medication for your Pit Bull. You can slip their medication into their food.
Daily clean their bowl. Especially their water bowl/bucket. Sometimes dogs urinate in their water bowls. Sometimes there is a dirt, or insect, or anything. It’s best we keep their bowl clean by clean them at least once a day.
Daily Affection. This is serious. You need to take a moment to show them you love them. Just a minute or two of your busy time to look them and pet them.
Daily control or clean fabric material used by your Pit Bull. You can do this weekly or even more frequent. Especially fabric used for your dog’s bedding. Pit Bull has a daily exercise routine, probably outdoor activity. They went home sometimes with mud or wet feet go straight to their bed.
Once a week bath and brush. For some condition you might want to take your Pit Bull for a bath sooner. But for regular routine, once a week is enough.
Once a month clip nails, clean ears and worm/heartworm treatment. Check for broken nails, infections or sores between pads. Check and clean their ears while clipping their nails. Clean ears don’t stink.
Once a year vet check. Routine check-up with your vet is best to prevent and anticipate health problems for your Pit Bull.
The Appeal Of Should PitBulls Be Kept As Pets
Because of their origin to be fighting dogs, Pit Bulls often get a bad reputation and are persecuted by the media whenever there is a dog fight. For this reason, you might want to consider to make your dog a positive role model to change this public misperception.
Originally Pit bulls were bred to be fighting dogs. Even for well-socialized pit bulls there are always potentials for them to act aggressively toward other dogs. But naturally Pit bulls are not aggressive toward people. Unless for some condition they feel threatened or poorly socialized. This makes most of them do not make good guard dogs, naturally.
It’s going to be advisable to bring home one of the tiny dogs mentioned above that is suitable for your living space. This dog breed does need much more exercise than a number of other dogs. This pet is simply appropriate for those living in a sizable home, preferably with a bigger backyard to coincide.
Possessing a pet is a rather big financial responsibility. While dogs aren’t wolves, we are not able to ignore them share precisely the same chromosomes and that dogs have a tendency to form social groups. This is generally whenever the dog is about to mate. Some dogs might even forget the reason why they are sent outside. These dogs have a superb awareness of direction, such they can go back to the owner even if they’re left at far-off places. It would have an exceptional dog to resist a bark.
Again, this dog wants a lot of socialization when they’re young. They generally enjoy good health overall, but you have to be on the lookout for any inherited problems. This huge breed dog can be quite a very good guard dog, and is quite wary of strangers.